AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Sometimes we take for granted just what our adult and youth members accomplish as Girl Guide volunteers. Our members are creating challenging, rewarding, and inspirational programs for girls of all ages. How do we show these women that their talents and dedication are valued and appreciated?
Fortunately, we have a special way to tell these women and girls just how much they mean to us! Consider presenting a Girl Guides of Canada award to one of your fellow volunteers. You can show that you noticed her amazing contributions with many types of awards—whether she is a Unit Guider who goes that extra mile or an organizer of district/area activities.
Letters of Support
Support letters are vital to the approval of an award and are a treasured keepsake for the award recipient. Many tips are available from the Provincial Awards website for preparing these heart-felt messages. You can also download a Word template from this page.
An online application form is available for submitting awards. You can also include the letters of support with the application. You can optionally submit awards on paper using the form on Member Zone.
Let us recognize our volunteers!
RESOURCES FOR AWARDS IN CALGARY AREA
If you have questions about awards, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calgary Area Volunteer Awards booklet: Provides information and procedures for presenting Area, Provincial, and National awards appplications.
- Awards Letter Template - generic: Optionally, use this Word template to write letters of support for Girl Guide awards.
- Awards Letter Template - Unit Guider Awards: Optionally, use this Word template to write letters of support for Bronze, Silver a nd Gold Unit Guider awards.
- Awards Letter Template - Merit Awards: Optionally, use this Word template to write letters of support for Bronze, Silver and Gold Merit Awards.
- Calgary Area Fillable Thank You Certificate: A fillable, fun thank-you certificate that you can print and present as desired. This certificate is not tracked in iMIS records.
PROVINCIAL AND NATIONAL AWARDS WEBSITES
GIRL GUIDE SCHOLARSHIPS
Girl Guides of Canada scholarships are available to girl and adult members who are pursuing post-secondary education. Calgary Area members can apply for both Provincial and National scholarships.
Consider going outside Girl Guides of Canada awards to recognize your fellow volunteers. There are many awards in our community that you can nominate our members for.